Wednesday, November 19, 2008

INFO OLIO




I want to chronicle a few unrelated happenings, so it would appear we are lacking a theme, hence the olio.

We planted lettuce to see how late into the winter we could go.  It seems as though we have been pretty successful so far.  tonight will be the true test as it is COLD...18 degrees at 10 p.m.

I was walking the dog in the hood the other night (No, this is not a euphemism) and there was a relatively large skunk ambling across someone's yard...I am so happy to have a wildlife sighting, although it did remind me of when I lived in Alfred.  We had huge snow banks one winter there and I was going into the garage one afternoon in February. Suddenly, this sweet faced little skunk came up over the top of the bank and was eye to eye with me.  He was nonplussed and I actually had to get out of his way.  Later that week, our neighbor told a story about a skunk on someone's back porch who had porcupine quills in his face, but was letting the people at the house pet him and then a few days later I found him staggering down the middle of the road, like a drunken sailor giddily making his way home after a bender. The animal control came and ...well you can imagine the rest of the story.  Rabies is like the Alzheimer's of the animal world.

Also, we have discovered the secret to youthful looking skin.  Yo-Baby Organic yogurt.  Use it as you would a facial mask or hand cream...you'll never look more glowing.  Leaves one with a creamy, natural complexion.

No comments: