Sunday, January 8, 2012

Leaning Towards Acceptance

I recently came across this idea.  It's called Kinfolk. It's visually and graphically beautiful. It represents in a stylized fashion what is most important to me. As an introvert I have always known that I am most comfortable with a few close and deeply meaningful friends sharing good food in a natural setting-talking, sitting quietly, doing something- anything, no limit to the content of conversation and letting this happen time and again over a number of weeks, months and years until there is a deep and rich tonal mellowness to the interactions.  Yet, there is a part of me that still struggles with trying to be the extrovert-larger than life and the life of the party. This dichotomy is present for me in my personal and interpersonal realms and my career/work stage. There are times when I can clearly see my way and other times when I strive toward what I know is not ME, but the me I believe I should be.  Sometimes, I am in the flow with the rightness for me or (righteousness perhaps) and other times I am mired in anxiety and discontent for either choosing "wrongly" or feeling at odds.  As I have gotten older, I have experienced the phenomena of "the more I know, the less I am sure" about a lot of stuff in life.  I am OK with that. Nothing is written in stone...

As a parent, I want to be able to give everything I've got...so far I have gotten more from my daughter- many examples of being in the moment, self mastery and regard, social skills...I just want to be able to ease in and let it all be and shake out to what is. And create a right livelihood for me and my family that enhances and reflects our lifestyles.
To that end, we had a small gathering of artistic people who shared good food, drink, space and conversation last night.  And they are moving toward their own level of acceptance-they might be having twins!  Thanks guys! Love you and good luck!

No comments: