Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fitness is intrinsic

I've noticed Maisie, at three and half, moves her body -ALOT.  But more importantly, she intuitively executes moves endemic to Crossfit and MovNat.  She jumps up and down, across over and off of things, she planks and bridges, she does dips, presses, squats, and pull ups and she can run...for a long distance and time. She also is into yoga. And she is ripped!  She has a six pack, calves and thighs and glutes that adults strive for and the cutest little biceps and deltoids.  She incorporates all this activity into her day in a natural and flowing way.  She eats based on her hunger-sometimes a bottomless pit, other days very light.
Last night, she was at a party where there was a small trampoline.  She was eager to show me her "new" move-essentially a pull up and knees to bar into a roll. After that she spent time in another room-spinning her body around and around and around...

I am trying to emulate her activity and verve.


Lunge!


Welcome to the gunshow!

1 comment:

MEhikah said...

Excellent observations! I so enjoyed reading about your Cross-Fit daughter. She's a hard one to keep up with. I get a good workout each time I visit.