Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Here Goes Nothing!


After I finished the post lamenting my lack of ability to play any musical instrument in an entertaining fashion (although Maisie does seem to enjoy my singing), I read one of the blogs I regularly follow and her post was about starting a fiddling for the complete and utter beginner contest/support group online.  So, today, my new eBay student fiddle arrived and a few days ago I got my Old-Time Fiddle for the Complete Ignoramus instruction book and CD.  I started tonight and it was not pretty.  I played on the back porch and the dog stood on the lawn and barked at me.  I have some advantage in the tutorial department as there is a group in the area called Fiddle-icious and one of our chaplains is a member.  Stay tuned. (no pun intended)

1 comment:

Jean Coloney said...

yea for you learning to play! i want to learn- if that book works for you, let me know I will try it!