Monday, June 22, 2009

Cold Antler Farm Fiddler's Summer update

Fiddle, n. An instrument to tickle human ears by friction of a horses tail on the entrails of a cat.  Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary from Old -Time Fiddle for the Complete Ignoramus! by Wayne ErbsenIt helps one's ego a great deal to have a little fan that thinks every noise you make on the instrument is just grand.  I have been teaching myself to play since the beginning of June or there abouts and I have to say it is a lot of fun!  Although Ellie (a friend who is my go to person for all things fiddle-related) states my fiddle is a piece of _ _ _ _, what do I know?

2 comments:

Jean Coloney said...

BRAVO!

beth said...

heather, i cant believe how good you are at fiddling you have become. i cant wait for you to bring your fiddle into work and fiddle at my desk!!