Friday, March 31, 2023

Old Fat Lady Seeks Sponsors

 



I was thinking about how I wanted a Half-Dome The North Face tee-shirt like Jimmy Chin's.  This led to fanning my desire for new trail running shoes (looking at you Altra), some climbing shoes (Evolve, La Sportiva?) for me and Maisie and our developing love of bouldering for which we could use a rock gym membership (Salt Pump, Evo). Of course, I could use a new bike (Norco Bigfoot, Cannondale, Mongoose) to get to the gym. These thoughts gravitate to camping and more and more gear and culminate in capital T trips-Alaska, Africa, Scandinavia, Everglades, The Keys (which leads to fishing and boats), the desert southwest, the PNW, the Rockies, polar bears in Canada- you get the drift. That's when it dawned on me, I need a sponsor! As I am currently unemployed, I would have the time to employ the merch and travel to the locales to use it. All the career gurus encourage aiming for the job you want!

Ostensibly I would slim down and metamorphose into Mature Athletic Woman Seeks to Keep Sponsors.

 

No comments: