Thursday, December 31, 2009

Polar Plunge




The water was a balmy 38 degrees. I didn't know this until tonight when I was watching the news. I had calculated in my head upper 40's. Even in the summer it doesn't get much warmer than 60 degrees. The air temperature was 32 or so and it started snowing just before we went in.

There were ice floes even. But, I went in. I did it for many reasons...the cause (NRDC Climate Change campaign), to embrace my Scandinavian roots, to feel alive and connected to planet, to show Maisie it is good to be adventurous, as a spiritual pilgramage...and I think I will do it again.

Thank you so much to all who donated and to John and Annette who were there for the occassion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I was able to be there...that takes guts (especially when you see the ice floating around!). Very proud of you. Maisie seemed to enjoy it too. perhaps one day she'll join you for a dip. Happy new year to you all.