Sunday, January 4, 2009

ONE Year old



January 1 was Maisie's first birthday.  We tried to avoid an actual birthday party by having a holiday open house/birthday celebration. I think we singlehandedly jump started the retail economy in Maine...the kid got quite a haul.  We had 51 people here including us.  The carousel horses on her cake (one of four by the way) were from my first birthday cake (45 years ago).  I wished so badly that my mother had been here, perhaps she was, but you know what I mean.  As Maisie gets older, I miss my folks more and more. The whole thing was a little too much for the birthday girl who had to take a short siesta before the cake. She had never had chocolate cake and probably won't again anytime soon as she was doing backflips and squealing hysterically late into the night.
All in all, it was  great day with good food, good friends, and a wonderful way to ring in the New Year.  Thank you to all who celebrated with us.

2 comments:

Jean Coloney said...

Happy Birthday to you (ALL!)

Gosh, looking at her cute face makes me want to have more babies!!

MEhikah said...

Sorry I missed the cake. The food was quite good...I'll have to get a few recipes from you. Maisie is very fortunate to have two such wonderful parents. Love and best wishes to you all in this new year.