Sunday, October 19, 2008

Grateful




H.E. here dipping my toes into the blogging pond after pissing and moaning to H.T. about my lack of time to do things like blog, read magazines or contemplate my navel...These days, and particularly these weekend days go by too quickly.  We reconnected with friends Clark and Holly at their annual cider fest in York on Saturday-lots of kids, dogs, great food and dueling manual cider presses cranking out gallons of cider. We stayed a bit later than we'd expected in order to take in the beginning of the bonfire.  The little miss was a trooper in spite of the cold. This morning, we bundled her up for a stroll on the eastern trail and she tolerated this with equal good humor (in spite of what the scowl here may suggest).  The trade off for having so little free time and a lengthy list of obligations not completed is the delight that comes from having this little person with us.  My long history of Sunday melancholy has been replaced with gratitude for all the goodness in my life. And while I still have my share of pissiness, as well as a lingering postpartum mental retardation, I am so much better at appreciating each moment.

No comments: