Thursday, June 15, 2023

Shaken and Stirred

 Admittedly, I am coming late to the table of the last installment of 007 and Daniel Craig as James Bond. Somehow, I had avoided any spoilers of a two-year-old movie. However, I watched it today.  And I was gob smacked.  I watch Bond movies regularly as I find them aspirational and a heck of a lot of fun. Somehow, I had never seen No Time to Die. I watched it today because it was free on Prime.  I was blissfully unaware this was the last in the Craig tenure. He has been my favorite and it is always bittersweet when a new actor takes on the role. Suffice it to say (and not give it away entirely if someone hasn't seen or heard about it) I was a few degrees beyond verklempt at the ending. 

In thinking about the franchise moving forward I can think of a few storylines: the female 007 takes over; the agent that assisted him in Cuba moves into the spot; Madeleine or Mathilde (with some creative time jumping) fill the void or Madeleine is pregnant with James' son-James and James Bond returns.

Damn you, James.




No comments: