Sunday, March 3, 2013

Into the Mud

We are in March.  March is a precursor to many things, chief among them mud season. I am not a big fan of mud season.  The end of winter and beginning of spring actually gives me seasonal affective disorder.  This year March is also a precursor to my fiftieth birthday.  Again, not something I am particularly eying with great joy. I am making a grand attempt to think of it as a milestone, I mean  a century ago a lot of people didn't make it to fifty, but for me it really will have to be the end of believing I am not middle-aged.  Not that I have a Peter Pan complex, but I do have a five year old and I love-LOVE-being ALIVE, and would like to continue to do so with a high quality of mental and physical ability ( a little more health with my financial wealth wouldn't be bad either).  So it is with all of these things in mind that I have entered my first mud obstacle/fitness challenge.  On April 28th, I will be competing with three teams from my office at  the Into the Mud Challenge in Gorham, ME.  A 2.5 mile mud obstacle course.  For me it is a big middle finger to middle age and exposure therapy for my aversion to mud and a way to slide into spring with something other on my mind than the end of winter.

Wish me luck.

No comments: