Friday, March 12, 2010

Urban Grange Black Gold

Here's this year's batch of compost. We are suppose to get some rain this weekend, so I spread some on the existing garden so that it might get soaked in.  I think this year we will try permaculture sheet mulching some flower beds and bring in some organic matter to raise and expand the vegetable garden (we've invited K&J to share the space with us). I'm eager to see abundant production so that I might be able to really introduce my From Dirt to Door micro-enterprise (stay tuned for more information about this).  The red-winged blackbirds returned today...Spring is definitely in the air.

2 comments:

MEhikah said...

Yay for red wing black birds! I think of fishing every time I hear them. Your compost looks good, I eagerly await the results of your gardening enterprise this year. Good luck!

leonemerson said...

We just started composting with worms and so far have had good results. After a while there should be enough Worms to make another bin. Let me know if your interested. They are real handy in the winter months.